The Venus Optics Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 has already been announced in China.
This is why a FR-reader found a review of the lens already in Chinese on youtube (used on a Sony A6600).
As usual, I am going to save your time by going through the automatic google youtube translation and make a summary for you as well as share a few screenshots.
You’ll find it all down below.
- weight: 590g
- not too big
- metal lens hood
- 62mm filter size
- focus ring feels good, great for manual focus
- minimum focus distance 35cm
- aperture ring with DOF scale, great for video
- creates very shallow DOF
- fast aperture makes up for the lack of DOF compared to full frame
- APS-C system is more cost effective compared to full frame
- good control of chromatic aberration
- slight vignetting at f/0.95 [admin note: looks quite pronouced if you ask me, screenshot below]
- creates haze when shooting directly in light source at f/0.95, goes away at f/1.4 and images are sharper
- impressed by the little focus breathing
- internal focusing, hence lens size remains the same when focusing
- there is some barrel distortion, but within acceptable range
- sharpness is much better at f/2 compared to f/0.95
- still quite good at f/0.95. Very shallow DOF
- it’s manual focus only, but focus peaking helps a lot to achieve focus fast