These are busy days for journalists at the CP+ in Japan, and the next interview with Fujifilm Managers just hit the web, this time again with Mr Makoto Oishi. Some excerpts:
- “We’ve sold more X-T2’s than we ever expected.”
- X-T2 shipping problems due to Kumamoto earthquake. But “from this year we’re in a better position and we have enough stock.”
- The request to control ISO on X-T2 via FN button/command dial instead of dedicated dial is something that Fujifilm “should consider” to add “maybe a firmware upgrade“
- “GFX more demand than we expected“
- “When we announce our new telephoto prime we also need a higher performance body”.
- “We’re still thinking about the focal length and the aperture. There’s a big difference between a 200mm f/2.8 and a 200mm f/2 – they’re totally different.” – NOTE: a rumor of last year, February 2016, said 200mmF2.
- X70 was successful last year and Fujifilm wants to keep small fixed lens compact cameras in their lineup – NOTE: X80 Rumor
- X-E3: “With the strong demand for X-E series cameras we have to think seriously about the future lineup.” NOTE: Check out this X-E3 rumor
Full Interview at amateurphotographer
Fujifilm X-T2: USA: BHphoto / AmazonUS / Adorama / Focuscamera / BestBuy / CANADA: AmazonCA / EUROPE: AmazonDE / Calumentphoto DE / AmazonUK / AmazonITA / AmazonFR / AmazonESP / PCHstore / WexUK / AUSTRALIA: CameraPro