Greetz to all Fuji Lovers from Rome – X-E3 with 18-55 and Sirui T-025X
Fantastic Feedback… How is it Possible?
We have reported several X-H1 bugs (which will be fixed soon via Firmware update) and some more negative X-H1 feedback. And yet, there are some, who simply have a fantastic camera. A good battery life, an incredible autofocus and more.
Looking at our great Fujifilm X-H1 facebook group, in many cases, the fix is as simple as that: get the settings right!
Reading the manual helps a lot (so you can stop panic’ing when your EVF/LCD suddenly stutters… you will discover it’s a power saving mode you can turn off ;) ).
But the manual does not tell the whole story.
There are a lot of tips and tricks to make the camera work best for your needs, that I highly recommend to read books like the ones of Rico Pfirstinger, who shares plenty of useful tips and tricks about the X100F, X-T20, X-T2, X-Pro2 as well as older cameras like the X-E2, X-T1, X-T10, X-E1 and X-Pro1.
Since the Fujifilm X-H1 shares many similar features, and carries all the X-DNA inside, it might be useful for you to maybe grab the X-T2 book, which will in large part also applicable to the Fujifilm X-H1.
With that said… let’s share today’s Fujifilm X-H1 roundup :)
Great Battery Life?
Some Fujifilm X-H1 users over at our Fujifilm X-H facebook group report surprisingly good battery life for the X-H1. For example, Miklos wirtes:
Many people complain about the battery performance of the x-h1. I use it mostly for sports. Here is my experience. With battery grip after shooting one soccer game in close to zero degrees centigrade the first battery in the grip at 64%. The other two still at 100%. 1300 shots taken. The camera and the grip are both in high performance or boost mode. Also, I do not review photos while I shoot sports. Do we need better battery performance than this??? In case someone is interested also to see the photos at miklosphoto
X-H1 for Weddings
Fujifilm X-H facebook member James use his Fujifilm X-H1 for his first wedding. I will share his impressions here, but in order to comment and interact with him, you better check out his facebook post in the group.
Shot my first 2018 wedding. Initial Thoughts on X-H1:
- No bugs or issues. At all. Thankfully!
- Highly Responsive.
- Focus was very accurate in low light. Low light simply isn’t an issue.
- ISO performance is amazing (I use 1.4 and 1.2 lenses so that helps a lot).
- QUIET. I don’t think the bridal party knew I was taking any pictures lol
- With the Godox trigger system and flashes, it tends to have a millisecond or so delay when clicking the shutter. Wasn’t too thrilled about that but it’s not a dealbreaker.
- Shot close to 1000 raw photos until the battery was at 23% and I switched it then. Definitely can blow through a 32GB card at compressed raw file settings with one battery.
- Noticed in broad daylight that the back LCD screen really needs to be brighter.
That’s all for now! I’m absolutely wiped! Lol
But the X-H1 review flood does not end here.
X-H1 Review + Laowa 9mm F2.8
- roycruz – Whatever the Weather – Fujfiilm X-H1 and Laowa 9mm Zero-D Test and Review
- Venus Optics is now taking pre-orders on the Laowa 9mm F2.8 Zero-D
The Photography Team Fujifilm X-H1 Youtube Series
- click here: X-H1 vs X-T2 Real World Review of The Focus Tracking
- click here: XT2 vs XH1 Real Word Review of The IBIS
- click here: XT2 vs XH1 Real Word Review Low Light Environmental Shot
- click here: XT2 vs XH1 Real World Review of The Shutter Sound
- click here: SpiderLight Hand Strap – Fuji X-H1 Recommended – For Mirrorless Cameras
- sin-space – Comparin X-T2 with X-H1 and Eterna with Classic Chrome
- ohm-image – Enter: Fujifilm X-H1
- lemondedelaphoto – X-H1 hands on
- joengphotography – Soccer Game with Fujifilm X-H1
- fstoppers – Fujifilm X-H review
- williamchua – Fujifilm X-H1 launch at Chijmes
- keithwee – Fujifilm X-H1: Final set of Eterna Samples
- roycruz – Fujifilm X-H1 – Pushing IBIS and a Taste of Eterna in Street Photography
- camerajabber – Fujifilm X-H1 Review
- Keoni Ahlo Youtube – Fujifilm X-H1 Unboxing & First Impressions by a Regular Guy
- mjrusso – Fun with X-H1
- dsphotoblog – Fujifilm Eterna with the X-T2
- erohne – Fujifilm X-H1 at the Norwegian Nature Photo Festival
- phoblographer – Review: Fujifilm X-H1 (The Perfect Fuji With a Big Problem – the ergonomics)
Tattoos of Asia Project Youtube – Fujifilm X-H1 Review: Tattoos of Asia
Fenchel & Janisch youtube – Fujifilm X-H1 review for filmmakers
Jose Betancourt Youtube – Fuji X-H1 Auto Focus Test And 16mm f1.4 VS 23mm F2
Fauxtaku Lounge Youtube – Leica SL VS Fujifilm X-H1 part 1
Buck and Under Fujifilm X-H1 Video Review – Good enough for Filmmakers?
RemekTek Media Youtube Fuji X H1 AF Test #2 AF-C speed using 35mm f1.4
David Watts Jr. Youtube – Initial Fuji X-H1 Impressions & Tips & Tricks
Graham Hemsley Youtube – Fujifilm X-H1 Video Autofocus Tip
Cam Attree Photography Youtube – Fuji XH1 IBIS Test with XF56mm f1 2R vs Fuji XT2
Denae & Andrew Youtube – Panasonic GH5 vs Fuji X-H1: Music Video Field Test
Les guides Fujifilm youtube – IBIS test (French)
Les guides Fujifilm youtube – Comparatison Fujifilm X-H1 vs X-T2 vs Sony (French)
Otwfu Youtube – Mist & Mood I Cinematic Fujifilm XH 1 Film
David Watts Jr. Youtube – IBIS with an old adapted lens
Sierra Creative youtube – Fujifilm X-H1 Video Review Part 1 – Short film with Fuji X-H1 – Why I’m keeping it!!!
First Man Photography Youtube – Fujifilm XH1 Real World Camera Review
RemekTek Media Youtube – X H1 AF test #1
Manh Tien LE Youtube – Fujifilm Fuji X-H1 :Test Video AutoFocus continuous mode FHD & 4K
Chris Perkles Youtube – Natural Light Photoshoot with the new Fujifilm X-H1 & 56mm f1.2
ivanjoshualoh Youtube – X-H1 ON A MISSION
Fabian Pourmand Youtube – FUJI X-H1 Initial Thoughts
Gareth Danks Youtube – Fujifilm X-H1 – Landscape photography adventure down the stunning Pembrokeshire coast!
dailymotion – testing IBIS with the X-H1 and the 18-135. All of these shots are handheld
Steven Dempsey Youtube – X-H1 video using IBIS and 56mm f1.2
Fuji Guys Channel Youtube – Japan Vlog #2
Fuji Guys Channel Youtube – Japan Vlog #3
Alex M. Youtube – X-H1 Video Workarounds for Fujifilm’s Usability Failures