Fellow Fujifilm shooter Andrew Gibson has published the 11th anniversary edition of his popular book “The Magic of Black & White“. For this occasion, Andrew has completely rewritten it and added new photos and lots of new material.
Most of the images inside the book have been taken with a Fujifilm X-T1 and Fujifilm X-T2 camera.
The book is available with a launch discount. You pay $10 instead of $14 until April 30. So just a few days left to grab it with a discount.
Also, you can buy The Magic of Black & White and The Black & White Landscape together for just $14 (normal price $18).
- It teaches you how to see in black and white.
- It shows you how to become a better photographer (many of the ideas apply to color photography as well).
- It’s easy to read. The book comes in three formats – PDF, ePub and Mobi for Kindle so you can choose the one that is best for your device.
- It’s practical. You can treat each chapter as a creative exercise and go out and put the lesson into action.
- It has depth and will become an invaluable reference guide you’ll return to again and again as your understanding of black and white deepens.
Some of the subjects covered.
- Why black and white is so popular with photographers.
- How to capture mood and atmosphere with black and white.
- Why black and white is perfect for capturing the character of both people and places.
- The common misconceptions that stop people becoming good black and white photographers.
- Which camera settings are important for black and white photography.
- Why it’s so important to connect with your subject.
- The key elements of composition in black and white.
- How to use light effectively in black and white photography, and why it’s different from color.
- How to see when a scene will look good in black and white.
- The role of shadow and contrast in black and white.
- How to use storytelling to make more poweful black and white photos.
- How to add drama and excitement to your black and white photos.
- How to capture the spirit of place with black and white.
- Which software to use to develop your black and white photos.
- How to become a better black and white photographer through themes and projects.
- Why it’s so important to print your black and white photos and make photo books.