Refresh This Page for the Latest Updates
_ _ _
Top Things To Know
- 2.0x Teleconverter costs $449 in USA (same price of 1.4x Teleconverter) – £349 in UK
- Will be release in mid June
- It’s weather sealed
- As of now, only 2 lenses are compatible with the 2.0x TC: the 50-140 and the 100-400.
- A firmware update will be released at the beginning of June (2.0x TC support for 50-140 and 100-400)
- Phase Detection works only with the 50-140. The 100-400 + 2.0x TC works with Contast Detection
- The aperture becomes two f-stops higher
OFFICIAL PRODUCT PAGE, SAMPLES & PRESS RELEASE
FULL PRESS RELEASE
Click READ MORE
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce that the new “FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF2X TC WR”, a teleconverter extending the telephoto area of some X Mount lenses*, will be added to the mirrorless digital camera “X-Series” interchangeable lens line-up in June 2016.
The “FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF2X TC WR” is a high-performance teleconverter capable of multiplying the focal length of mounted lenses* by two. It features excellent optical design with a construction of 9 elements in 5 groups to maintain the optical performance of the original lens. Also, thanks to the unified design when mounted to a compatible lens, the teleconverter is weather and dust-resistant and operates at temperatures as low as -10℃. This makes it possible to be used with confidence outdoors when used with the weather and dust-resistant X-T1 and X-Pro2 camera bodies, and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lenses.
- * Compatible lens (As of May 19, 2016)
XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR ⇒ 100-280mmF5.6 with teleconverter mounted (Equivalent to 152-427mm on a 35mm format)
XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR ⇒ 200-800mmF9-11 with teleconverter mounted (Equivalent to 305-1,219mm on a 35mm format)
1. Main Features
(1) High image quality design which maintains the optical performance of the original lens
- Construction of 9 elements in 5 groups maintains the optical performance of the original lens.
- By using the optimal image quality parameters for the overall characteristics of the original lens and 2x teleconverter, excellent imaging performance with great aberration suppression is still achieved.
- The aperture becomes two f-stops higher when the teleconverter is mounted, and the camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length.
(2) Autofocus performance
- Phase detection AF is still available when using the XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR with the 2x teleconverter mounted.
- Contrast Detection AF is still available when using the XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR with the 2x teleconverter mounted. Accurate focusing at super-telephoto focal lengths with shallow depth of field is possible thanks to the AF performed by the image sensor thanks to mirrorless cameras’ “Live View”.
(3) The optical image stabilization performance
- The camera’s optical image stabilization performance** is unaffected by the addition of the teleconverter.
- ** CIPA guidelines, at telephoto end.
(4) Weather and dust-resistant and -10℃ low-temperature operation
- Using the teleconverter with a weather-resistant camera and lens, such as the FUJIFILM X-T1 or X-Pro2 mirrorless digital camera and the FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR or XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens, does not affect the weather resistance of the system.
(5) High-grade subtle appearance
- The teleconverter’s high grade metal exterior has been designed with the X system in mind. When attached to a compatible FUJINON lens, the two products appear as one single lens.
2. Main Specification
|Type||FUJINON LENS XF2X TC WR|
|Lens construction||9 elements 5 groups|
|Focal length||2x that of original lens|
|Max. aperture||2 additional stop|
|Min. aperture||2 additional stop|
|Focus range||Approx. same as that of original lens|
|Max. magnification||2x that of original lens|
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length
(distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Approx. Φ58mm x 30.2mm|
(excluding lens caps )
3. Support Information
A firmware update is required for the “XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR” and “XF100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR” lenses in order to provide full compatibility. This firmware is planned to be available at the beginning of June 2016. Please note that when updating firmware, make sure to update the latest camera firmware before updating the lens.
Please refer to the following website for information on how to confirm your firmware version and its update methods.
Please be sure to check the following website as we will continue to update it with information regarding mountable lenses.