by using the links below to Pre-order your gear. No extra costs for you
(Please refresh this page to see the latest updates)
XF35mmF2 WR: – – – X-Pert Corner First Look – – – / jonasraskphotography / bigheadtaco – youtube video / ideasandimages / Michael Cruz / brandonremler / ivanjoshualoh / PCHstore / bjornmoerman / FUJIFILM Corporation Video /
1.4x TeleConverter: – – – X-Pert Corner First Look – – – / Michael Cruz / ivanjoshualoh / FUJIFILM Corporation Video / ilfotografointrasferta (translation) /
OFFICIAL PRODUCT PAGE / PRESS RELEASE
FULL PRESS RELEASE
Fujifilm launches the FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR
Weather-resistant structure in a compact lightweight design for ease of use
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced that the new “FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR” will be added to the premium mirrorless camera “X-Series” interchangeable lens line-up in November 2015. It offers a focal length equivalent to 53mm* with the angle of view similar to that of the human eye, and a maximum aperture of F2.0.
The “FUJINON XF35mmF2 R WR” is a standard focal length prime lens which delivers sharp images with rich bokeh. The optical construction of 9 elements in 6 groups (including two aspherical elements) achieves the perfect balance of high image quality and compact size. The lens features the smallest diameter of the line-up and thanks to the inner focus system and stepping motor, it achieves an autofocus time of just 0.08 sec**. The exterior of the lens is weather and dust-resistant and can work in temperatures as low as -10℃. The lens is ideal for any scene and application. This is the new standard for all photography fans.
- * 35mm format equivalent.
- ** Complies with CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) guidelines, internal measurement, during high performance mode.
1. Main Features
(1) Sharp high image-quality
- Lens construction of 9 elements in 6 groups delivers sharp, rich image quality even at the widest aperture of F2.0.
(2) Compact and discrete optical design
- Two aspherical lenses are used to ensure a small and compact exterior. Only 45.9mm in length with a diameter of 60mm, the slim stylish design allows comfortable operation and draws minimum attention to the photographer, making it the perfect lens for portrait, street or reportage photography.
(3) Fast autofocus of 0.08 sec
- An inner focus system, which moves the small and lightweight lens elements, is combined with a stepping motor to produce quiet, accurate and fast autofocus – a must for all snap shooters that need to capture a spontaneous moment.
(4) All metal exterior, water and dust-resistant and -10℃ low-temperature operation
- The lens exterior uses all metal parts to ensure the durability for a wide variety of shooting situations. The fine texture of the metal parts and the dials which respond well further enhance the shooting experience and ensure it can be operated easily and accurately with wet or gloved hands. The lens features a water and dust-resistant structure with eight seals on the lens barrel keeping the lens protected from rain, dust and splashes of water when shooting outdoors. It can also work in temperatures as low as -10℃.
(5) Two types of lens hood
- Lens hoods block unnecessary light from entering the lens to maintain the maximum optical performance. There are two types of lens hood available for the XF35mmF2 R WR. A lightweight and compact circular lens hood is included with it and a classical and stylish metal hood LH-XF35-2 is available for purchase as an optional accessory. Both lens hoods allow the front lens cap to be used while attached.
2. Main Specification
|Type||FUJINON LENS XF35mmF2 R WR|
|Lens configuration||9 elements 6 groups|
|(includes two aspherical elements)|
|Focal length||f=35mm (35mm format equivalent：53mm)|
|Angle of view||44.2°|
|Aperture control||Number of blades||9(rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Step size||1/3step (19 steps)|
|Focus range||35cm – ∞|
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length (approx.)||φ60.0mm x 45.9mm|
|(distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight (approx.) (excluding caps and hoods)||170g|
|Accessories included||Lens cap FLCP-43
Lens rear cap RLCP-001
3. Support Information
A firmware update is required for the all Fujifilm X series camera bodies in order to provide full compatibility. This firmware is planned to be available on October 29th 2015.
Please refer to the following website for more information.
Fujifilm launches the FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF1.4X TC WR
Teleconverter for X Mount lenses*
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) has announced that the new “FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF1.4X TC WR”, a teleconverter extending the telephoto area of X Mount lenses*, will be added to the premium mirrorless camera “X-Series” interchangeable lens line-up in November 2015.
The “FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF1.4X TC WR” is a high-performance teleconverter capable of multiplying the focal length of mounted lenses* by 1.4x. Although the aperture becomes one f-stop higher when mounted, the teleconverter features an excellent optical design with a construction of 7 elements in 3 groups to maintain the optical performance of the original lens. Also, thanks to the unified design when mounted to a compatible lens*, the teleconverter is weather and dust-resistant and operates at temperatures as low as -10℃. This makes it possible to be used with confidence outdoors when used with the weather and dust-resistant X-T1 camera body and XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR lens.
- * Compatible lens (As of October 21, 2015) XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR ⇒ 70-196mmF4 with teleconverter mounted (Equivalent to 107-299mm on a 35mm format)
1. Main Features
(1) High image quality design which maintains the optical performance of the original lens
- Construction of 7 elements in 3 groups maintains the optical performance of the original lens.
- By using the optimal image quality parameters for the overall characteristics of the original lens and 1.4x teleconverter, an excellent imaging performance with great aberration suppression can be achieved even when the focal length is multiplied by 1.4x.
(2) The camera’s autofocus performance is unaffected by the addition of the teleconverter
- AF speed remains the same as the lens by itself when the teleconverter is mounted.
- Also, accurate focusing at super-telephoto focal lengths with shallow depth of field is possible thanks to the AF performed by the image sensor.
(3) Weather and dust-resistant and -10℃ low-temperature operation
- Using the teleconverter with a weather-resistant camera and lens, such as the “FUJIFILM X-T1” premium mirrorless camera and the “FUJINON Lens XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR”, does not affect the weather resistance of the system.
(4) High-grade subtle appearance
- The teleconverter’s high grade metal exterior has been designed in unity the X system. When it is attached to a compatible FUJINON lens, the two products appear as one single lens.
2. Main Specification
|Type||FUJINON LENS XF1.4X TC WR|
|Lens configuration||7 elements 3 groups|
|Focal length||1.4x that of original lens|
|Max. aperture||1 additional stop|
|Min. aperture||1 additional stop|
|Focus range||Approx. same as that of original lens|
|Max. magnification||1.4x that of original lens|
|External dimensions: Diameter x Length
(distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Approx. φ58mm x 15mm|
(excluding lens caps )
3. Support Information
A firmware update is required for the camera body as well as the “XF50-140mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR” lens in order to provide full compatibility. This firmware is planned to be available on October 29th 2015. Please note that when updating firmware, make sure to update the camera firmware before updating the lens. Please refer to the following website for information on how to confirm your firmware version and its update methods.
Please be sure to check the following website as we will continue to update it with information regarding mountable lenses.