In a few hours, Olympus will officially announce the Olympus E-M1X.
You can see the size comparisons after Apotelyt’s list of reason why to get the Fujifilm X-T3 over the Olympus E-M1X and vice versa.
Reasons to prefer the Fujifilm X-T3:
- More detail: Has more megapixels (26 vs 20.2MP), which boosts linear resolution by 16%.
- Better image quality: Features bigger pixels on a larger sensor for higher quality imaging.
- Richer colors: Larger pixels generate images with better, more accurate colors.
- More dynamic range: Capable of capturing a wider spectrum of light and dark details.
- Better low-light sensitivity: Can be used in poorly lit environments and still produce good images.
- More detailed viewfinder: Has higher resolution electronic viewfinder (3690k vs 2360k dots).
- Larger screen: Has a bigger rear LCD (3.2″ vs 3.0″) for image review and settings control.
- More compact: Is smaller (133x93mm vs 144x147mm) and will fit more readily into a bag.
- Less heavy: Has a lower weight (by 458g or 46 percent) and is thus easier to take along.
- Faster data transfer: Supports a more advanced USB protocol (3.1 vs 3.0).
- More affordable: Was introduced into a lower priced category (50 percent cheaper at launch).
- More heavily discounted: Has been on the market for longer (launched in September 2018).
Advantages of the Olympus OM-D E-M1X:
- High quality composites: Can combine several shots after pixel-shifting its sensor.
- More flexible LCD: Has swivel screen for odd-angle shots in portrait or landscape orientation.
- More selfie-friendly: Has an articulated screen that can be turned to be front-facing.
- Faster burst: Shoots at higher frequency (18 vs 11 flaps/sec) to capture the decisive moment.
- More portrait friendly: Features an integrated vertical grip for easier portrait shooting.
- Longer lasting: Can take more shots (870 versus 390) on a single battery charge.
- Sharper images: Has hand-shake reducing image stabilization built-in.
- More modern: Is somewhat more recent (announced 4 months after the X-T3).
Fujifilm X-T3 vs Olympus E-M1X
Fujifilm GFX 50R vs Olympus E-M1X