Fujifilm Bayer Sensor Roundup
We start this roundup with a mandatory mention of mototeacher instagram‘s page, since he just tattooed an X-T20 on his arm… a nice way to show his Fuji love :)
But then there is more, especially reviews about the brand new Fujifilm X-T100. This camera is great value for money, and Fujifilm is pushing it strongly, even by launching a dedicated fujifilm-xt100 page.
Let’s add to this roundup today also the Fujifilm X-A5, which is the other Bayer sensor APS-C camera in Fujifilm’s line-up.
- Kevin Mullins Youtube – Fujifilm X-T100 First Thoughts Review
- bjornmoerman – First Look Review Fujifilm X-T100 and XC 15-45mm lens
- imaging-resource – Fuji X-A5 First Shots: Perhaps the best image quality we’ve seen yet for $600
- imaging-resource – Fujifilm X-A5 Field Test: A good starter camera with impressive image quality but a few oddities
- mirrorlesscomparison – X-A5 Vs. X-A3
Fujifilm X-T100 Review
Chris and Jordan from DRPreview TV reviewed the Fujifilm X-T100 (with final firmware). Here is what they think about the X-T100:
- smart LCD articulation system with benefit that you can do vertical shooting without having to flip the screen out all to the side
- no ACROS
- awesome graphic interface and simplified menu
- champagne gold looks good
- rear dial is in a weired position
- he would like to be able to customize more buttons
- touch screen is laggy
- XC15-45 very plastic feel, but focusses smooth and performs fairly well
- better autofoucs than X-A5
- X-Trans made sense in the past with older sensor, when there was an issue with moire, and X-Trans gave less moiree and sharper images. But nowadays X-Trans does not have the same advantages it had in the past
- terrible record button
- well constructed and it doesn’t feel cheap
- Canon EOS M50 is closest competitor. X-T100 is better choice, feel nicer, looks nicer, and better lens selection
See the full video at DPReviewTV here.
Dedicated Fujifilm X-T100 Page
One of the most fun moments of blogging on FujiRumors, is when we have a live blogging.
Yes, I do not sleep, and yes, I blog 48+ hours in a row, but it’s just too exciting seeing months (or years) of rumors coming true and to go through hundreds of your comments and read what you guys think about the latest and greatest X gear.
But I know, not everybody of you goes back 24 hours later to the live blogging page to check if new content is up, and that’s why I think some of you might have missed the following tidbit:
Fujifilm launched a dedicated Fujifilm X-T100 website.
I share this little piece of news again with you today, not only for those who missed it, but also to show you that the Fujifilm X-T100 is not a half-hearted project of Fujifilm, but a camera they strongly believe in, which is why Fuji’s marketing machine is running full power in order to promote the X-T100.
Will the Fujifilm X-T100 be successful? I do not know. Certainly I wish Fujifilm much success with this very gently priced and yet well featured camera.
Fujifilm X-T100 Review
Fujifilm just launched the Fujifilm X-T100, which has a new 3 way tilt screen.
After having seen how the new tilt screen works, a number of FR-readers asked me to launch again the “X-T3 tilt screen survey“… and since you guys are my only boss, I will do as you desire ;) .
So how does the new X-T100 Selfie-Tilt Screen work?
Fujifilm’s “selfie-solution” tilts up and down with the screen perfectly centered to the camera (just like on the X-T2 & Co). In addition to that, you can also tilt it forward for selfies and still tilt the LCD up and down.
For your convenicence, I have made a short collage of various videos on youtube, that show the tilt screen in action.
Some say this solutions combines the best of both worlds.
Having finally seen how it really works, I think it’s a far call by you guys to ask me to re-launch our Fujifilm X-T3 “selfie screen” poll.
And since we are in survey-mood, I decided to launch a few more additional survey, always regarding the X-T3, which you are free to participate and vote.
Quick IBIS note
FujiRumors has already rumored in January 2018 that the Fujifilm X-T3 will not have IBIS, but just for curiosity I launch the poll again (after the first X-T3 IBIS Dealbreaker Survey here), because I’d like to know if you would have liked to sacrifice the smaller size of X-T3 over the X-H1 in order to get IBIS.
Fujifilm X-T3 Polls
_ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _
“CONCEPT Camera X T100 C | Why I would pay $200 extra for the newly announced FUJIFILM X-T100 if it had the ideas in this concept.”
Mario (as well asl other fellow FR-readers) also designed for us the Fujifilm GFX 50R concepts here.
Thanks Mario… and looking forward to your next concept :)
But finally the Fujifilm X-T100 is listed and available for pre-order also at AmazonUS.
Make sure to check out our complete Fujifilm X-T100 launch coverage, which includes first looks, product catalogues, samples and more.
Vote your Favorite Color
Fujifilm X-T100 Live Blog
The Fujifilm X-T100 delivers a lot for small price. I can definitely see this camera becoming a huge success. If you own a flagship X-Trans camera (X-T2 &. Co) and are looking for a back-up camera, my biggest and only concern would be the post production workflow, since the X-T100 features a Bayer sensor camera and maybe you guys are better off with an X-Trans X-T20 or X-E3. However, Jonas Rask says in his first look “if you’re used to dealing with X-Trans, this sensor won’t give you the need to redefine your workflow.”
The X-T100 is a perfect first camera for people, who want to step up from smartphone photography or for people from other systems, who want to make the first steps into the X-system, but keep the Bayer CFA they are used to, with a well rounded and very affordable X series camera.
First Look Reviews
- keithwee – Informative review of the Fujifilm X-T100: The complete basic camera
- jonasraskphotography – Fujifilm X-T100 Review – Quality on a budget
- ivanjoshualoh – X-T100: Budget Powerhouse
- fujilove – First Look and Impressions
- fujifilm-xt100 – special internet page dedicated to the X-T100
- fujifilm.com – Fujifilm announce firmware updates for X-A5 coming soon
Videos – First Look / Reviews
Fuji Guys Youtube – First Look
Fuji Guys Youtube – Top Features
Fuji Guys Youtube – Vlogging with the Fujifilm X-T100
TheCameraStoreTV Youtube – Fujifilm X-T100 Hands-On First Impressions
Introducing the stylish FUJIFILM X-T100, a new addition to the X Series mirrorless digital cameras
-Featuring retro and luxury look with the stylish center finder style
-Realizing outstanding image quality by combining 24.2 megapixel sensor with Fujifilm’s proprietary color reproduction technology
-Featuring fast and precise AF, the phase detection AF system, and three way tilting touch screen
!!! Fujifilm X-T100 Live Blogging !!! – Reviews and First Looks
X-T100 Pre-order Options
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is delighted to announce the launch of the FUJIFILM X-T100, the latest exciting addition to the X Series of the mirrorless digital cameras. The X-T100 is the entry model that realizes high image quality in various scenes with comfortable operation thanks to the enhancement of photo-shooting functions.
The Fujifilm X-T100 will be announced in a few hours, and Adorama has already prepared its system to take pre-orders.
They didn’t upload the images or the full specs, but they have the various option listed and selectable (colors, body only or kit lens etc).
In fact, if you search for “Fujifilm X-T100” you get a total 7 results.
If you then select the price range between $500 – $750, you get 4 results.
- Body Only listed between $550 to $600 (1 result)
- Body + XC15-45 listed between $650 to $700 (3 results)
If these prices are confirmed, then I think the X-T100 is very well priced.