10 years ago, at Phtokina in September 2010, Fujifilm announced the development of the first Fujifilm X series camera, the original Fujifilm X100.
That day marked the start of the Fujifilm X series.
In order to properly celebrate this day, Fujifilm launched a giveaway that gives you the opportunity to win a limited edition Fujifilm X100V.
How to enter the contest is described at the dedicated Fujifilm X100 10th anniversary page (click “Enter Now” and then click on the drop down menu to see the countries that participate).
You’ll also find a shot video, where Fujifilm managers Takashi Ueno and Fuji X photographers like Kevin Mullins talk about the original X100 and its successors.
Down below you can read what the manager says, plus he makes a strong commitment: “Fujifilm will continue to improve the X100 series over the next 10 years and beyond”
- 10 years passed quickly
- Fujifilm made constant advancements in these 10 years
- X100V is the fifth generation
- he has special fondness to all X cameras. But the X100T always impressed him most
- X100T saw for the first time a female designer working the X100 series
- X100T was a bit more rounded and hence different than its two predecessors (X100 and X100S)
- X100F saw battery compatibility with other non-X100 X series cameras, which is a big usability improvement
- X100F battery was bigger than predecessor, more battery life, but size of body remained the same
- manufacturing skills at Fujifilm have improved
- X100V is weather resistant if you add a filter on it
- X100V has an ultra-thin tilt screen
- as a product, the manager thinks the X100V is the most perfect so far
- the mangers would like those, who never used an X series camera, to start with an X100 series camera. It’s an all-in-one package that does not require you to drop your previous system and change lenses, accessories, etc.
- you can enjoy the X series with one single all-in-one camera
- Fujifilm will continue to improve the X100 series over the next 10 years and beyond
- “Please enjoy your photography life together with us and the X100 series“
In terms of performance lots lof things have changed for the Fujifilm X series. But was hasn’t changed at all, is that it is and remains Fujifilm’s best looking digital camera of all times, not only according to myself, but according to the majority of FR-readers, as you can see in this survey, where the X100 line clearly wins the X series beauty contest.
With all that said, make sure to check out the dedicated Fujifilm X100 10th anniversary page.
- Must Read for X100 Lovers – “Don’t Touch that Camera!” the Story About the Inspiration Behind the Fujifilm X100 Series Design
Fujifilm X100V: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
WIN A Limited Edition 10th Anniversary X100V!