Fujifilm fixed the flawed X-PRO1 3.00 firmware and just uploaded on their global site the firmware 3.01. Download it here. Now that was a quick bugfix!
Share your findings in the comments.
NOTE: If you have problems to see the firmware ver. 3.01 then you probably have to clean the cache! The easiest way is described in Rico’s X-pert corner post “Tips for Updating your Firmware”: “just delete your browser cache or force your browser to reload and refresh the page by, for example, holding the Alt or Option key while clicking on Reload.”
thx for telling me, Marco (fujixclubitalia)
The firmware update Ver.3.01 from Ver.3.00 incorporates the following issue
- The phenomenon is fixed that a movie could not be recorded properly in some cases.
The firmware update Ver.3.00 from Ver.2.05 incorporates the following issue
- 1.Improvement of AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
- The updated algorithm will enable AF speed to become faster with the following XF lenses:
- XF14mmF2.8 R
- XF18mmF2 R
- XF35mmF1.4 R
- XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS.
- To enjoy this improvement, firmware upgrade of those XF lenses are also required.
- 2.”Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing is added.
- The function, which features on FUJIFILM X100S and X20, is added and assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
* With this update, “Focus Peak Highlight” function is selected as a default setting. Pressing the center of the command dial for a while enables you to switch the setting of “Focus Peak Highlight” and “STANDARD” (off of “Focus Peak Highlight”). And “MF ASSIST” is added in SHOOTING MENU where you can select “HIGH” and “LOW” in “Focus Peak Highlight” and “STANDARD”.
- 3.Improvement of the method to switch magnification during manual focusing.
- Press the “Command dial” to activate image magnification during manual focusing and then turning the dial in either right or left direction will enable you to alternate the magnification of 3 times and 10 times.
- 4.Improvement of focus accuracy in various scenes.
- The focus detection algorithm is improved to provide more accurate focus for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.