APS-C vs Full Frame vs Medium Format
Nigel Danson has tested the Fujifilm GFX50R for DPReviewTV, and his conclusion is that it has the best image quality he has ever used.
The Fujifilm GFX50R is not a perfect camera, though. It is still expensive, and Fujifilm made some bad ergonmic choices, like the removal of the dedicated ISO dial. And given its form and size, it’s also not the easiest to shoot handheld with.
Considering that, the bigger the print, the more people will stand back to see the entire image, all cameras deliver good results.
But if you “pixel peep”, the Fujifilm X-T3 (which overall delivers very good results also at fairly big prints), has a disadvantage over the higher megapixel of the Fuji GFX50R and Nikon Z7 at very large prints.
Most important, though, are the lenses, and he is blown away by the quality of the Fujinon GF lenses and their corner to corner sharpness.
Check out all the videos below.
RUMOR, NEWS and COMMUNITY
Price & Specs
- Nikon Z7: BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama
- X-T3 body (save $100): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- X-T3 w/18-55 (save $200): BHphoto, AmazonUS, Adorama, Focuscamera
- GFX 50R + GF63mm (save $1,000): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
- GFX 50R + GF45mm (save $1,000): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera
- GFX 50R + GF32-64mm (save $800): BHphoto, Adorama, AmazonUS, FocusCamera