STC Optics Fuji X Clip Filters
If you buy a STC Optics clip filter, just use coupon code “FUJIRUMORS.COM” and you will get a free stackable aerospace-grade metal clip filter case.
The deal ends July 28. Usage limit per user: 1
Read all instructions to get the deal in this STC article.
The Fujifilm X system clip filter currently provides 11 filter functions. Actually, it should have 12 but the UV-IR CUT of infrared 650nm is not ready yet, so if you guys need it, you can send an inquiry to STC Optics.
Coming for Fujifilm GFX
STC Optics told me, that the Clip filters for Fujifilm GFX will ready in September and be compatible with GFX50S, GFX50R and GFX100.
Advantages over Conventional Filters
As we told you in our original article back in April 22, the filter attaches directly in front of the sensor, giving the following advantages:
- no need to buy big filter holders for lenses with protruding lens elements, such as fisheye-lenses for Fujifilm X or lenses like the Fujinon XF 8-16mmf/2.8
- one filter works for all lenses, no matter what the lens filter size is
- saves you money, since you do not have to buy lots of different filters
- they are a good replacement for HSS (see video in this article)
- they are great for astrophotography (read below)
Clip-in filters are very popular in the astrophotography community, especially light pollution and narrow-band filters, because they can work with both camera lenses and telescopes. This is a good news for Fujifilm users, because Fujifilm cameras are very good for astro work, due to their superior sensitivity to some wavelengths (like hydrogen alpha, that most of the nebulae are made of) and good ISO performances.
- Join our NEW Fujifilm Astrophotography Group