Half a year has passed.
Lots of rumors have been shared already (and many more will come ;) ).
However, there is something I never do: rank the rumors in a reliability ranking.
I hate to do that, as an anonymous rumor is not necessarily less reliable than a trusted rumor. There is much more that needs to be checked in order to determine if a rumor is reliable or not. And also, something that is rocksolid at some point, may become less sure later on as Fujifilm changes plans.
That’s why I hate to rank rumors.
However, it is something you request me to do, hence, 1 or 2 times a year I bend to your will and do just that.
So, you can find the rumor-ranking down below.
Also, we will check back and see which rumors FujiRumors got right and which wrong, so that you guys can judge my work and decide if your time on FR was well spent or not. I will be extremely brutal to myself and move in the wrong section every ever so minimal error I made, even though it was accurate at the time of sharing.
Two more things:
- Included in the list some of the fake rumors circulating around that FujiRumors had to debunk.
- If you want to get a timeline on when the products will come, check out this post.
One last note: Back in November 2020 we shared an article, where Sigma itself teased Fujifilm X mount lenses coming 2021. And as if that was not enough, they teased them again in February 2021. In between those Sigma teasers, on December 14, 2020, FujiRumors shared a rumor that Sigma has indeed plans to release Fujifilm X mount lenses. This rumor is not included in the list below, as it from 2020. If you want to check back the 2020 rumors, make sure to read this article.
So let’s start:
- 49 rumors shared in 2021 so far (many more to come)
- 27 rumors still to be verified
- 21 correct rumors out of 22 verifiable rumors
- 1 wrong rumor out of 22 verifiable rumors (I told you I’ll be brutal to myself ;))
- 95,45% correct rumors
Rumor Overview with Rating
* 75% to 99% correct
- Nope, there is No Fujinon XF300mmF4 and XF500mmF5.6 Coming in 2021 (shared January 13)
- Fujifilm Working on Fujinon XF 150-600mm Lens (shared January 25)
- Fujinon XF 150-600mm Lens Coming 2022 (shared January 26)
- New Fujinon GF Zoom Lens Coming 2021 (Not Yet on Roadmap) (shared January 28)
- Fujifilm Currently NOT Working on Fujinon XF35mmF1.4 MK II (shared February 26) NOTE: This rumor was shared immediately after a patent of the XF35mmF1.4MKII was spotted and had to be shared to make sure Fujifilm X shooters are correctly informed
- Another Fujinon XF f/1.4 Prime Lens Coming 2021 in Addition to XF18mmF1.4 (Not XF35mmF1.4 R WR) (shared March 4)
- Fujifilm X-H2 coming 2022 (shared March 8)
- Upcoming Fujinon GF zoom Will be Fujifilm’s Most Affordable G Mount Lens To Date (shared March 9)
- Fujinon XF33mmF1.4 R WR Coming 2021 (shared March 12)
- One More Fujifilm GFX Camera Coming 2021, More Affordable than GFX100S (shared March 15)
- Fujifilm GFX50S MKII Coming 2021 with Same 50 Megapixel Sensor of GFX50S (shared March 16)
- Registered FF210001 Camera is the Fujifilm GFX50S MKII (shared March 17)
- Fujifilm Working on Fujinon XF23mm f/1.4 MKII (shared April 19)
- Fujifilm Working on Fujinon XF56mm f/1.2 MKII (shared April 19)
- Fujifilm GFX50S MKII will NOT be Announced on August 27 (shared May 18 in answer to leaks of other sources)
- Upcoming Fujinon GF Zoom Kit Price Leaked (shared June 14)
- Fujifilm to Launch Fujinon GF35-70mm Lens for $500 (kit price) (shared June 17)
- Fujifilm X-H2 with 8K to Cost Less than Panasonic GH6 with 6K, hence less than $2,500 (shared June 18)
- Fujifilm GFX50SMKII Will Be Fuji’s Most Affordable GFX Camera, Hence Cost Less Than $4,500 (shared June 19)
- Fujifilm GFX50SMKII will Look Exactly Like the Fujifilm GFX100S (shared June 22)
- Debunking fake rumors: no GF56mmF5.6 coming (shared July 1)
MEDIUM HIGH RATING*
*50% to 74% correct
- Fujinon XF56mm f/1.2 MKII and XF23mm f/1.4 MKII coming 2022 (shared April 20)
- Fujifilm X-E4 is Fuji’s Last X-Trans IV Camera (shared May 14)
- Fujifilm GFX50S MKII Priced $3,999 (shared June 25)
- Fujifilm X-H2 with 8K DCI/UHD Video Coming 2022 (shared April 12)
- No More Fujifilm X Series Camera Coming in 2021 (shared May 12)
- Fujifilm X-H2 in 2022 Will Be FIRST X Series Camera with New Sensor and Processor (shared May 13)
MEDIUM LOW RATING*
*25% to 49% correct
- no rumors in this category
*1% to 24% correct
- no rumors in this category, visit other websites if you are looking to for misleading clickbait ;)
_ _ _
THE 2019 CHECK
CORRECT RUMORS IN 2020
- First Image of NiSi Wide Angle lens for Fujifilm X (shared January 3)
- Fujifilm GFX100S to cost $5,999 (shared January 4)
- Fujifilm X-E4 with Tilt Up Screen Similar to X70 and Flush to the Camera Body like X100V screen (shared January 5)
- Fujifilm GFX100S will be a Bit Smaller than Fujifilm GFX50S (shared Janaury 6)
- Fujifilm GFX100S, GF80mmF1.7, X-E4, XF27mmF2.8II, XF70-300mmF4-5.6, New Film Simulation Coming January 27 (shared January 7)
- Fujifilm GFX100S with 3-Way Tilt Screen (shared January 8)
- Fujinon XF27mm f/2.8 MKII will be Weather Sealed and Have Aperture Ring (shared January 8)
- First Image of LAOWA 33mm f/0.95 for Fujifilm X and Laowa Lens Roadmap (shared January 9)
- Irix f/1.4 lens for Fujifilm GFX Additional Specs, Product Images and Sample Images (shared January 12)
- Fujifilm X-E4 Will Not Have IBIS (shared January 13)
- Fujifilm GFX100S Explained: Fixed EVF, Only One Top Dial (PSAM), No D-Pad, Top LCD, No Humpback and More (shared January 14)
- Next Fujifilm Film Simulation to be Called NOSTALGIC NEGATIVE (shared January 15)
- Fujifilm GFX100S No Vertical Battery Grip Option (shared January 18)
- Fujinon XF27mmF2.8 R WR with Same Optics of Original XF27mmF2.8 (shared January 21)
- Fujinon GF80mm f/1.7 to cost $/€2,299 (shared January 21)
- Fujinon XF18mm f/1.4 with 62mm filter size (shared March 25)
- Fujinon XF18mm f/1.4 to be announced April 15 (shared April 8)
- Fujifilm X-T4 Firmware Update Imminent, But only a minor update (shared June 26)
- LAOWA 33mm f/0.95 to be Released Late April and New Image (shared March 23) – correct, it was released in China in late April, and released in USA in early May
- Insane Fujinon X Mount Lens Deals Coming Soon: Save €2,000 on XF200mmF2 and More Rebates in Europe (shared April 29)
- MEGA DEAL on Fujinon XF200mmF2 and More Coming also to USA (shared May 11)
WRONG RUMORS IN 2019
- New Fujinon GF Zoom Coming First Half 2021 (shared February 1)
ATTENTION: this rumor has been updated on May 19 here, saying that it will come second half 2021. Fujifilm moved back the announcement, probably due to their announced parts shortage, but I’ll move it in the wrong rumor list anyway, even though it was right at the time of sharing. All the rest about this lens remains 100% accurate.
Not in Ranking
- nothing in this category so far