Fujifilm just published the financial results for the fiscal year 2017, which ended May 31, 2018.
- In the Imaging Solutions segment, consolidated revenue amounted to ¥383.0 billion (up 12.1% from the previous fiscal year), due to the significant sales increase in the electronic imaging field of the optical device and electronic imaging business. Consolidated operating income amounted to ¥56.0 billion (up 52.0% from the previous fiscal year), due to the improvement of profitability in each business.
In the Earning Presentation Transcipt Fujifilm writes:
- INSTAX: In the photo imaging business, sales were strong, particularly in Europe and the U.S., for instant photo systems such as the instax series and instax films. The sales volume of instax series totaled 7.7 million units, exceeding the previous target of 7.5 million units. The newly released instax SHARE SP-3, a smartphone printer that employs a square format, offers a new photo printing method that will boost demand among smartphone users. Wall Decor, Photobook and other value-added printing busi nesses also enjoy ed solid sales.
- CAMERAS: In the electronic imaging business, revenue significantly increased on strong sales of mirrorless digital camera X-Series, including the FUJIFILM X-A5 , which was launched in February 2018, the FUJIFILM X-H1, which was launched in March 2018, and the FUJIFILM GFX 50S, a medium format mirrorless digital camera equipped with a large sized sensor, as well as their accompanying interchangeable lenses. Professional photographers and camera enthusiasts have given high praise to our proprietary technology, which produces impressive depictions reproducing brilliant colors that remain vivid in people’s memories, and the extensive line-up of 36 lenses.
- LENSES: In the optical device business, sales increased, reflecting the strong performance of various industrial-use lenses such as those for vehicle cameras and projectors. The MK lens was also launched, offering a new series of cinema camera lenses designed for the expanding market of video recording for online videos and soon. Its profitability largely improved.
- OVERALL: In the Imaging Solutions segment, sales rose and operating income significantly increased year-on-year due to a significant rise in electronic imaging sales combined with strong sales in other businesses.
Check out more at
- Fujifilm Earning Presentation (PDF)
- Fujifilm Earning Presentation Transcript (PDF)
- Video Presentation
- Earnings Release (PDF)