Fringer is currently developing the Nikon F to Fujifilm X smart adapter.
The first engineering sample is now ready and you can see a working prototype in the video above.
It supports electronic aperture control for D, G and E lenses and auto focus for AF-S and AF-P lenses. Like Fringer EF-FX adapters, PDAF works very well on newer X-Trans cameras like Fujifilm X-T3, Fujifilm X-T4, etc.
In the demo video, you will see:
- Nikkor AF-S 50/1.8G on Fujifilm X-T3 – Electronic aperture control and auto focus demo
- Nikkor AF-P 18-55/3.5-5.6G VR on Fujifilm X-T3 – Movie mode AF-C and face/eye tracking demo
The product is still under development. Time to market is yet unknown.
Make sure to follow FujiRumors to stay up to date and get instant notification as soon as there is any update.
We remind you that also Steelsring announced a Nikon F to Fujifilm X smart adapter development back in May 2018, but they still list it as “coming soon” and no updates have been given in a long while. What we got from Steelsring, though, is the Nikon F to Fujifilm GFX smart adapter, which also has the first customer review at AmazonUS.
List of Smart Adapters
- Fotodiox (Canon EF-Fuji X – with built-in ND-filter)
- Techart (Canon EF-GFX)
- Steelsring (Canon EF-Fuji X, Canon EF-GFX, Nikon F-GFX, Nikon F-Fuji X)
- Fringer (Contax 645-GFX, Canon EF-Fuji X, Canon EF-FX II, Canon EF-FX Pro II)
- Kipon (Canon EF-GFX, Baveyes EF-FX AF 0.7x, Canon EF-Fuji X, Contax 645-GFX)
- Viltrox (EF-FX2 0.71x Canon EF to Fuji X)
- Metabones (Speed Booster ULTRA 0.71x, EF-X Mount Smart Adapter, CINE Speed Booster ULTRA, CINE Smart Adapter)
Join Our Owners Groups
- Fujifilm GFX User Group
- Fujifilm X-T User Group
- Fujifilm X-H User Group
- Fujifilm X-E User Group
- Fujifilm X-Pro User Group
- Fujifilm X100 line Group
Join Our Facebook Pages