Mirrorlessrumors confirms: a weather sealed X is coming in January!

 photo fujci_zpsed61407a.jpg

the weather sealed X could have a FujicaST-like design


I’m glad to hear that my buddy Ale of mirrorlessrumors can confirm here rumors spread on FR already back in October: the weather sealed X will come in January.

I know, many expected the newly released 10-24 to be already weather sealed. But it isn’t. So some readers started to doubt rumors posted on FR.

Therefore I’m happy to read that also mirrorlessrumors can confirm it now… it will come, in January!

I tell you, if a weather sealed X is what you’ve waited for, then start to save your money.

If there is anyone out there who can tell me more about the weather sealed X (or any other X-gear), please contact me at fujirumor@gmail.com or also completely anonymously via rumor box.

Here are the specs until now:

  • bigger and better EVF
  • APS-C X-Trans II
  • double SD-card slot
  • weather sealed body
  • launch in January
  • price range between X-E and X-PRO line
  • FujicaST-like design


 photo Patrick_zpse517a3cc.png facebook, google+ and twitter

It’s coming! XF 10-24mm announcement leaked at Photography Monthly (now removed)!

 photo 10-24_zps425c2762.png

For a very short time the entire press-release of the XF10-24 was online at photographymonthly. The bad news: I was at work so I wasn’t able to read it. All that remains are a few lines at the news-reader silobreaker.com. Anyway, a leaked press-release is a strong indicator of the fact that an official announcement is imminent!

I can’t tell you when exactly it will be announced… all I can say is that I’ll be there, ready to do some live blogging for you!

Follow Fujirumors on  facebook and twitter and you won’t miss the announcement.

thanks to the FR-reader who send me the link to silobreaker.com!

stay tuned,

 photo Patrick_zpse517a3cc.png 

Fuji manager Mr.Kawahara: “We have no plan to provide full frame body just now.”

The website 2how conducted an interview with Fuji manager Mr.Kawahara, that can been seen at youtube here. Here are some topics:

1) He is reluctant to create full frame X series because XF lens would NOT be compatible with full frame camera. “If we launch the full frame body we have to launch the full frame lens too. So it is not good for X-series user.” So there are no plans just now to provide a full frame body.

2) No plan “just now” of a X-PRO1 successor, so “we should improve the response of X-PRO1 by firmware upgrade”.

3) Because of the high customers demand, Fujifilm considers to use sensors with more than 16MP in future.

4) Keep the size of XC lens with larger aperture value is almost impossible, because the optic technology is limited and cannot be solved easily, unlike technological limit.

5) Fujfilm will continue to support and improve its cameras via firmware update: “We want you to use our camera longer and longer in your life.”

Thanks for telling me about the video, Vivat

And if you also find or hear something that could be of interested for the Fujirumors community, feel free to share it anonymously via rumor box or email at fujirumor@gmail.com


 photo Patrick_zpse517a3cc.png  facebook, google+, twitter

[UPDATE] X-PRO1 firmware 3.10 postponed to the 19th of December!

 photo de_zps7459c129.jpg

[UPDATE] Fuji’s global site updated its page and says that the update is postponed to the 19th December 2013 (Thu.). See here.

 photo d_zps2e42e7b2.jpg

I’ve received emails from French FR-readers saying that the X-PRO1 3.10 firmware, originally scheduled for tomorrow, is postponed to December 19.

Romain for example told me that: “In France, when you buy a X-Pro1 or X-E1/2, you get in the box a black letter which invites you to register to the French Fuji Pro club. It gives a lot of advantages : 1 year extra warranty (on top of the 2 legal ones), “priority after sales support” for repairs and regular email updates like this one.” This is why French readers know about the firmware delay. At the top you can see a screenshot of the email sent from Fujiflm to French X-shooters.

At Fuji’s global site there is no news about it. But some readers linked me to the UK site, where the Pro1 firmware update is announced for the 19th.

Maybe you will remember that last time some customers, after upgrading their X-PRO1 with firmware 3.00 (the focus peaking firmware), discovered that the video mode was faulty (while some others discovered that the X-Pro1 HAS a video mode ;))… seems that Fujifilm wants to be 100% sure that there won’t be bugs this time.

We will see in a couple of hours who is right. Fuji France and UK or the global site.

[UPDATE] Fuji’s global site updated its page and says that the update is postponed to the 19th December 2013 (Thu.). See here.

stay tuned
 photo Patrick_zpse517a3cc.png  (google+, facebook and twitter)

 photo delay_zps860886cc.jpg

All Black X100S at the CES (January)?

 photo 91bevUUu1XL_SL1500__zpsdb462fec.jpg

the black X100 costs $1,199 at AmazonUS now… the X100S can be found for $1,168 at ebayUS at top rated plus reseller bigvalueinc (7 available)

The title of this post already reveals everything what the Japanese source wrote me:

At the CES in January, together with the weather sealed X, Fuji could also announce the black X100S.

That’s all for now, but I should have a late night chat with the Japanese source in the next days. I hope to get some fresh rumors from the land of the rising sun soon… and keep up sharing rumors with Fujirumors!

Fuji X100S: Amazon, Adorama, B&H, eBay

have a great day,
 photo Patrick_zpse517a3cc.png  (google+, facebook and twitter)