Finally some rumors for us! Samyang will release the first lens for the Fuji X system in June!!! There is no info about the lens specs yet but I like the manual focusing Samyang lenses a lot! usually they have a very high image quality and a very low price. Samyang already makes lenses for the Sony NEX and Micro Four Thirds system. The image on top shows the 7.5mm fisheye for m43. Don’t know if that is one of the lenses they will offer for the X system or if the coming lenses will have a complete new design. Let’s see…June is no far away!
What you see here on top is a rendering of the future 35mm f/0.95 lens for the X system made by the chinese company ShenyangZhongyi. The company name is unkown to me and I don’t knwo their history. But every new lens for the X system is welcome. Hope the bigger ones like Sigma and Tokina will do some lenses too!
From the picture on top it looks like they are holding a silver X PRO 1 cameras at a show in Taiwan (See Mag.UDN.com). But as noticed by our readers this is just a crazy illusion created by the very intense light. You can see the real black cameras here: http://i.imgur.com/26Ktq.jpg. Yep, we have to stick with our ALL BLACK Pro 1 :)
PDNonline (Click here) posted the Fuji lens roadmap and added some info about the aperture of most of these lenses:
• 14mm (21mm equivalent) super wide
• 18-72mm f/4 (27-108mm equivalent) image stabilized zoom
• 23mm f/2 (34mm equivalent) wide
• 28mm f/2.8 pancake design (42mm equivalent) normal
• 12-24mm f/4 (18-36mm equivalent) image stabilized zoom
• 70-200mm f/4 (105-300mm equivalent) image stabilized zoom
As you see the only lens that lacks an aperture info is the 14mm lens. Fuji marketing said it shoudl be somewhere between f/1.4 and f/2.0. I guess it will be the second :)
Photographyblog (Click here) reports that Fuji will release the new M to X mount adapter in April. That’s just one month after the X PRO 1 will hit the stores. Dpreview (Click here) has been told by Fuji that one more less expensive X mount camera will come in future. AT the same time they gave two more interesting info:
1) New X10 firmware will be released in February to fix the ‘white-orb’ issue.
2) Fujifilm Digital Imaging director Adrian Clarke said that when launching the X100 they didn’t know who was going to buy the X100: “but twice as many people bought them as we expected.”
I am wondering how this “entry-level” X camera will be. Probably it will have an optical viewfinder only, and be a bit smaller. But I cannot imagine it to be much cheaper than the X PRO 1. Cannot image Fuji to use cheap plastic to lower the cost of the body.