The Ultimate X
today I have an update for you regarding the ultimate Fujifilm X-series APS-C camera.
A trusted source told me that previous rumors about this camera were correct. So it confirmed that:
- Fujifilm is working on the ultimate X-series camera
- It will indeed be Fujifilm’s most expensive camera in the APS-C line-up
- X-Trans sensor
- It will be Fujifilm’s best APS-C camera for video work
- The camera is still under development, so the final price has not yet been set
- It will be based on the X-T design
But here is the thing:
The very first rumor I got (and shared) about the “Ultimate X” camera came from a new source here. And after confirmations from trusted source, we can say it was very accurate and gave us many correct hints, except one: the price.
The new source said it would cost $5,000, but the trusted source today said, that the current estimated price for the “Ultimate X” is between $2,000 and $3,000 (depending on which features Fujifilm decides to implement or not).
Do you know what this means?
- Fujifilm displays our polls to the press – read here
- Your feedback can, in some cases, influence decisions of the managment regarding future products, such as the monochrome X-Pro – read here
- Fujifilm took note of our big request for the X-E3 and said after our pressure that they “are aware of the many X-E3 requests” – read here
- Top Fujifilm Managers read and “love” FujiRumors – read here
- we are in an early development stage of the Ultimate X
… we all should do our homework now, and let Fujifilm know, how we would like the Ultimate X to be.
This is why I will launch a poll, which I will keep quite general for now. I will only ask you if you would like Fujifilm to put simply everything they can into the camera and charge us $3,000 for it, or maybe take out a some features and charge $2,000 for it.
And of course, feel free to elaborate in the comments, which specs exactly this camera should have for the price you would pay.