GFX First Look Video
Nathan Elson just shared his (pre-production) Fujifilm GFX first look at his youtube channel here. Here are some of his findings:
- Batteries worked well also in extreme cold, and the whole camera performed incredibly well in the extreme cold
- outside in good light AF worked really well. In studio and lower light, sometimes it hunt. Nathan also underlines that his GFX is still pre-prodcution, and that he used the smallest focus point possible. But when it does hit the focus, the accuracy is amazing, all over the frame. Overall he was super-impressed by the AF, especially since it’s pre-production
- He wishes a faster sync speed
- surprisingly light. He can hold it all day.
- super customizable
- JPEG’s have great details (he still could not use the RAW files)
- lenses are incredible sharp also wide open
Power To The Images :-)
And now some images shared at the 7,000 member strong Fujifilm GFX facebook group
“GFX is great camera. I really love it. I pre-order it. This is shot with 63 mm f2.8 lens at iso100. ClassicChrome. Fine jpeg. There is also super jpeg mode for more quality. Also this picture shot with pre production model.
In reply to this image, GFX Facebook member Craig J. thinks that “the dimensionality and tonality of this photo is fabulous.”
Chris shared and image taken by Omar Robles here, that you can see below.
The next image has been shared by Keith here. It shows the terrific potential the GFX has in terms of sharpness. But Keith himself struggles if all that focus on sharpness is really what photography is all about. He also shared one GFX image that is NOT sharp, but has a wonderful mood into it… making it his (and one of mine) favorite GFX images so far.