Fuji Guys Billy First Look – Youtube
And suddenly it happened…. the X-T2 became real, and all of a sudden the internet was flooded with First Looks and Information, that I’ve tried to collect in my Live Blogging here, adding a short comment to each first look.
But as much as I blog, the news stream is so big, that it’s easy to miss something, even though I’ve shared it on FujiRumors. So I’ll make a list of things you might have missed (and you can now stop sending me via email ;) ). And I’ll share also some things, that are brand new.
- Fuji Guy Billy First Look Video: I’ve shared many videos about the X-T2 in my Live Blogging – still ongoing. Now also the First Look of Fuji Guy Billy is online (video above).
- X-Pro2 + KAIZEN: As rumored, Fujifilm announced a new Firmware for the X-Pro2. It will be released in October… but knowing Fuji this means December ;). Anyway, the main course of the meal is the improved AF-speed, which will make it as fast as the X-T2. Press Release here.
- NEW ROADMAP + 80mm with OIS: As rumored, Fujifilm launched a New Roadmap and scratched the 120mm. The new roadmap includes three lenses: 23mmF2, 50mmF2 and the 80mmF2.8 Macro OIS…. Did you notice? I said 80mm”OIS“! Now here is the thing: I’m 100% sure that, at the time of sharing the “80mm OIS-less” rumor, this information was correct. But I also told you at the time of the rumor, the design was not final and Fuji could change plan anytime. And I like to think that the massive shitstorm the “OIS-less rumor” caused here on FujiRumors, might have made change plan at the Fuji HQ…. AND: the 80mm will be compatible with both Fuji teleconverters :-)
- X-T2 + 3.5mm micorphone jack Inpu on the camera. The grip has headphone jack.
- X-T2 + 4K: as rumored, you can shoot 30 minutes in 4K when vertical grip is attached. New Information: The X-T2 captures actually a bit more than 4K, and then sizes it down to TV resolution. Without grip you can shoot 10 minutes 4K. Oh… and it offers F-log profile (but not available in camera – although Fuji said this could be fixed via Firmware update). Shoots 4K with a 1.17x crop.
- X-T2 + Adobe: Adobe already supports the X-T2 files since early June! (source – riflessifotografici X-T2 Review)
- X-T2 + More Options for Continous AF: You can now customize the Continuous AF, choosing 5 Fuji Presets that are configured for different scenarios or make your own one.
- X-T2 + Price Chaos: Big Confusion here. The rumor I’ve shared said it will be cheaper than the X-Pro2. And it’s like this in USA. And in the EU? It costs 1,700 in Germany (see fotomundus24 store). The French site lemondedelaphoto says €1600 in France, but the official France Press Release says €1700. Why? Because of Brexit Fujifilm raised the price in the last second. And speaking of Brexit, the only country, where the X-T2 costs more than the X-Pro2 is UK. So you see why this time I was reluctant to share any precise price? ;)
- X-T2 + USB Charging?: Riddle: will the X-T2 (and the Vertical Grip) offer USB-Charging? There is absolutely no mention about it in the official Press Release. So was the rumor wrong? Everything is possible. Or maybe I confused something my sources said. In fact, as shown by Fuji Guy Billy, you can indeed charge the batteries, while they are inside the battery grip, but not via USB. You have to use a 9 volt adapter. So the batteries can be charged without having to be removed from the grip. But I’ll investigate further. UDPATE: It Works. More Here.
- Centered Tripod Mount: Some of you asked, now we have the answer: the tripod mount is centered to the lens
Support FR by using the links below to pre-order your gear. A small commission is valued back to Fujirumors, which will allow me to pay the sites’ costs and keep FR running. Most important: Absolutely No extra costs for you :-)