The 70 X100S improvements over the X100 (51of the X20 over X10) or “what can happen when a camera company listens to photographers”
Here is how the X100S list begins:
1. 16-megapixel sensor, up from 12-megapixel
2. X-Trans CMOS II sensor eliminates need for Optical Low Pass Filter
2. The resolution has improved to match Full Frame domain sensors
3. The Signal to Noise ratio improved to be on a par with Full Frame domain sensors
4. Phase detection pixels allow 0.07 sec Auto focus
6. 1080p 60fps full HD movie
7. Improved start-up time. From 2.0sec to 0.9sec
The X20 list starts with:
1. 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor without optical low pass filters improves resolution to as much as a 4/3″ sensor.
2. S/N ratio improved to level similar to Full frame sensors.
3. Phase detection AF allows for AF speeds as low as 0.04secs (compared to X10 0.16secs).
Read them all and feel free to leave a comment and discuss the list, for example: “The resolution has improved to match Full Frame domain sensors“.
Check out also this article here at photographytalk (What Can Happen When a Camera Company Listens to Photographers) They say that “the people at Fujifilm obviously took the comments and advice from users and reviewers seriously. The new X100S includes 70 upgrades, both major and minor, creating a precise photographic instrument that appears to be the right choice for a second camera.” The X100S is “a wonderful example of what can happen when a camera company pays attention to its loyal customers and the larger photography market.”
Click the links below to check availability. Click on your ebay or your Amazon to see the in stock status in your country.
X100S: BHphoto / Adorama / AmazonUS / AmazonDE / AmazonUK / AmazonITA / DigitalRev / your ebay / your Amazon
X20: BHphoto (black – silver) / Adorama (black – silver) / AmazonUS (black – silver) / AmazonUK (black – silver) / AmazonDE / AmazonITA / DigitalRev / your ebay / your Amazon